Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Project Amber - The Release Thread. (At Long Last)

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#181 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the update Guitar

#182 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

That's good to hear - at least we know you're OK.

Real life does and should always take precedent... but it is good for the FME scene to know that at least progress is being made, slowly but surely.

All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#183 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

Thanks for the update nick. Hopefully we can look forward to something new and improved shortly. Nice to hear you mention MMM tech and hopefully MPU3 shouldn't be too tough to get sorted.

Cheers

bj

#184 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

Well from here on in, its about refining the techs and getting as many games running as possible.

I can now boot up some MPU4 dataport ROMs, just BWB games failing the test at the moment.

System 83 works as a tech, but is hard coded for only 1 game, it needs adding to the editor properly to allow for more games.

MPU3 works, but the lamps stop working after a few seconds. Its either an inbuilt lamp protection system that I am not satisfying, or a more serious core bug. I have put SYs83 and MPU3 to one side in order to get Scorp 1, Scorp 2, MPU4, and M1x working correctly as far as is possible.

Those four techs are now playable, editable, and support most games. Certainly more ROMs than MFME supports on the same techs.

MPU4 being the standout tech for increased support of BWB, Crystal, and Coinworld.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#185 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Cheers guitar :)

#186 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

what sort of machines can we expect amber to run ?

#187 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the update Guitar, all your hard work is appreciated and is worth the wait :)

#188 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

what sort of machines can we expect amber to run ?

MPU4:- Excluding MPU4 Video, or Plasma based games, or Disc Reels.

Pretty much everything else should run. If you are having trouble give me a shout.

Data ROMs are now supported for Crystal, Barcrest, and Coinworld. Empire and BWB are not supported yet, this support is still WIP, but progress has been made.

Similarly EDC messages are semi supported, its difficult to decode all the messages as they are a custom format as far as i know.

A lot of BWB games should run now, Sky Sports, Abracadabra, Heaven and Hell, Super leauge, Soul Sister, Secret 7's, the X-Games, etc etc.

Coinworld Games will need a new CHR for each game from me. If you want to do a game, just ask and I will provide the chr for you. Games on here like cash cops, should run now.

Stereo sound is supported on this tech, All sound should work.

M1, not much new on here yet, Prize mech support is experimental and doesn't work yet. However some of the gemini games should now run without reel errors. Crazy Cobra's being at least one I can think of.

Stereo sound is native on this tech (Oki games only). All sound should work.

Scorpion 2, Again not much new here, this tech was primarily to get Global's How Big's Your Rock working, but should work for all other scorpion 2 games.

Scorpion 1, This was done to have a look at Crazy Croc's for Ploggy. I haven't really done much other than MFME can do. But this tech should work for all scorp 1 games.

If you find a game that doesn't run, tell me and i will see what I can do (eventually).

#189 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9041 posts

Donator

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

nice one guitar thanks for the updates, will they now be posted on here aswell or instead of dadsfme and also will the emulator updates be posted on here, i would do a layout for amber but wouldn,t know where to start, is it simular to how we dx in mfme,

And finally to the rest of the layout creators is there any layouts for amber in the pipeline....

one more thing can you do classic layouts in Amber

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#190 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

So... do you think might be able to be emulated in Amber then... because it isn't runnable in MFME

I might get interested in Amber and fathom it out again if it is because this machine was excellent for its time... here it is:

Attached File  image.jpg   50KB   3 downloads
All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#191 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Guitar took some shots of this but they need photoshop work doing on them

#192 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

So... do you think might be able to be emulated in Amber then... because it isn't runnable in MFME

I might get interested in Amber and fathom it out again if it is because this machine was excellent for its time... here it is:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

No guarantee's but I see no reason why it shouldn't run.

#193 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

No guarantee's but I see no reason why it shouldn't run.

That is very encouraging Nick... I might get some enthusiasm back into my life for FME then if this can be made to run - good luck in trying with it mate, if the resources are available of course - which I think they are at the Mecca :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#194 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

Well I've tried it and it runs. Sounds like the sound speed is too fast though, easilly fixed, but hilarious too.

#195 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:15 AM

Ok the sound is fine having reloaded the layout. Just a bug in the data transfer from the wizard to the emulator.

I've run a few plays through and had a JP out. Game is good to go if anyone wants to do it?

#196 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Any decent artwork :D

#197 richy1976

richy1976

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 2601 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Guitar will you release andys & the other one that you were working on? (if they are finished lol)

Thanks.

#198 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Any decent artwork :D

Re: Cup Final mate

I have sent a message on facebook with Transformer from the Mecca... he has uploaded a picture on the Retro Gaming section on Facebook saying he has got it.

I have asked him to take some decent photos and he will either upload to me on Facebook or release them at the Mecca mate, hopefully :)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#199 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Been having a look at this to see if it could possibly be a cadidate for MFME, and it's looking promising.  Grabbed the CHR numbers from Amber, but I'm still getting the PAL error on MFME occasionally for some reason.  Might need a bit of tweaking to get it 100%.  Amber unfortunately is too slow for me when using MPU4, so the only option would be to go the MFME route. 

Guitar, can you have a look at the layout I've attached and see if it's setup correctly for use on MFME?  I still think the CHR isn't working correctly because it looks like there are still lamps missing.  Setting the extender to 'Small' does add a few extra rows of lamps, but one of the rows is static and doesn't flash during play.  Use MFME2.1 to test. :)

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#200 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

@Ploggy, no problem I will check now and get back to you.

Can someone do me a favour please. I need someone to do a lamp CHR for Road Hog. Vinny at the mecca needs a ROM for his machine but the matching ROM hasn't been emulated yet and the lamps are all skewed. If anyone is up for it I will provide the correct ROM. Can use amber or MFME as long as the numbers are right it doesn't matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users