Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Project Amber - The Release Thread. (At Long Last)

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#81 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Guitar,

My other computer with an Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset adapter works OK when I click the Intel tickbox, it doesn't work if I keep the intel box unticked.

Nice work fella ;)

Mort.

#82 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

just for the record -

intel quadcore extreme (775)
nvidia 550i 2gb
4gb ram

workes fine from install, no options clicked.

#83 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hi Guitar, Ploggy,

I'm going to start having a go at a DX with Amber, I've pulled Blues Boys apart and am starting to work out how everything works which is cool. Can I just confirm though, do I still need to use the seperate tool to create the masked complete lamped image ? or is this now included as part of Amber ?

Ta.

#84 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

I also notice you can have a number of different 'layers' for the lamped images, presumably the other ones are for the super bright lamping elements ?

When building the layout, how can I tell which lamps might have a super bright mode ? Is this something you can tell from the debugger, which might show a 255 value or something for certain lamp numbers (when they enter super bright mode) ? which would indicate super bright mode ? Hope i'm making sense here :)

I know docs are forthcoming, but im happy having a fiddle with somethign new for a change :)

Edited by mort, 16 April 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#85 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Cheers Guitar , all your hard work and dedication to this is much appreciated.

Seems to load up just fine for me ... just need to try a game on it now.

I have much catching up to do , need to read into it.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#86 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Ok i'm finding that I can get into Amber on my other computer with intel graphics, but I have to use the REF reference rasteriser to stop the graphic elements disappearing and not coming back even with a refresh of the window, this is fine for me though, as I can crack on now, and ignore my PM Guitar as i've got bullion working in the debugger now, lovely that first moment when you see a machine you never thought you would running through the attract sequence :) Thanks ever so much, hopefully I can bring a DX together now.

#87 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Ok i'm finding that I can get into Amber on my other computer with intel graphics, but I have to use the REF reference rasteriser to stop the graphic elements disappearing and not coming back even with a refresh of the window, this is fine for me though, as I can crack on now, and ignore my PM Guitar as i've got bullion working in the debugger now, lovely that first moment when you see a machine you never thought you would running through the attract sequence :) Thanks ever so much, hopefully I can bring a DX together now.

would be even better if the rom hoarders coughed the soundies up ;)

#88 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

A huge step forward for FME! All the sheer hard work, dedication and overcoming all the problems has finally paid off. My hat is off to you Guitar! FME is far from dead!

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#89 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Tommy , do you know if there is a problem with meter alarms with crystal machines ? i've got Bullion booted but as soon as I add a reel extender (needed for the 5th number reel) it throws a meter alarm on boot ? I can only resolve it by taking the reel extender away, but obviously this is no good... ?

Edited by mort, 16 April 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#90 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Not sure tbh,i haven't touched anything with 5 reels i'm afraid,ploggy may know.

#91 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

Tommy , do you know if there is a problem with meter alarms with crystal machines ? i've got Bullion booted but as soon as I add a reel extender (needed for the 5th number reel) it throws a meter alarm on boot ? I can only resolve it by taking the reel extender away, but obviously this is no good... ?

That's a bug caused by the meter fix I added yesterday. Duly noted, will be fixed in tonights release.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#92 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

fantastic, thanks guitar

#93 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

I also notice you can have a number of different 'layers' for the lamped images, presumably the other ones are for the super bright lamping elements ?

No, super bright/dimming is all internal, no user adjustment is neccessary. The 4 backgrounds are for the on images. I wont explain here exactly what's going on internally as its quite complicated. Though I will explain in the docs as knowing whats happening will help you lamp stuff. The emulator automatically draws the lamps from the lit image. The different backgrounds allow for overlapping lamps, keeping things drawn on the 2048 canvas allows everything to scale at the same value, preventing the lamp skip you get on mfme3 somtimes when scaling the layout to a different size. As a byproduct of this you can also add different coloured images to each background in case of coloured lamp use. I havent tested it yet, but when the time comes it should automatically mix the colours for you too. So a red / blue pair of lamps should result in purple lamping if they both come one at once.

When building the layout, how can I tell which lamps might have a super bright mode ? Is this something you can tell from the debugger, which might show a 255 value or something for certain lamp numbers (when they enter super bright mode) ? which would indicate super bright mode ? Hope i'm making sense here :)

As above supr bright mode is automatic. Depending how long the mux has been held for, the brighter the image will be upto a factor of 4. The image is super saturated by drawing upto 4 unblended lamp images on top of each other.

I know docs are forthcoming, but im happy having a fiddle with somethign new for a change :)

#94 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Just having a dabble with some off and on background artwork.. I have the off image in the background I also have my on layer, but how to I link say lamp 1 to use the on layer as a lamp? Also is there any way I can use the mouse to move and resize the lamps, its very slow moving everything with cursor keys alone. Or am I missing something obvious.

J

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#95 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

In edit mode click enable auto size lamps near the top in the lamps menu,then click a lamp to select,then then hold ctrl then click your artwork were you want the lamp to go and it will fit around the lit part of your lamp you can also select your lamp and hold ctrl down to drag the lamp were you want it.

#96 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Also make sure that all the lamps have been set to "New DX". When the emu asked you if you wanted to extract transparency, when you imported the 'On' image, did you say yes? And if you want to move lamps around, hold down the shift key, when the lamp is hi-lighted (white border).

Edited by ploggy, 16 April 2012 - 08:56 PM.

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#97 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Update 1.0109 is now available http://www.fruit-emu...mber-installer/

#98 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for the info Guitar above, i've got enough to get me started now, i'm hoping i will figure most of it out without the docs.

Can we break this thread apart with a new thread called tips for layout designers or something similar ? There is some useful info in here, which might get lost etc...

#99 djgaryc

djgaryc

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'm not getting anywhere fast :( - See attached screen shot

My crappy Norton thinks there is a something up with the installer. After I click install, it appears to do nothing, then the Norton thing comes up.

My Laptops details are quite poor, but here we go:

Dell Studio 1555
Processor Dual Core - T4200 2.00Ghz
3Gb Ram
32 bit Operating System
Vista SP2

May not help know how poor my laptop is.

Attached Files

Okey Dokey ROLL 'EM

#100 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

I'm not getting anywhere fast :( - See attached screen shot

My crappy Norton thinks there is a something up with the installer. After I click install, it appears to do nothing, then the Norton thing comes up.

My Laptops details are quite poor, but here we go:

Dell Studio 1555
Processor Dual Core - T4200 2.00Ghz
3Gb Ram
32 bit Operating System
Vista SP2

May not help know how poor my laptop is.

Can you disable it, or add Amber to the exceptions list so that the program doesn't always flag it up as being untrustworthy?

Amber should install without too much fuss once you've disabled the Norton program.
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users