• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Just a quick video suggestion and question for Killcrazy. Does Impulse's "Spin on it" run on the new emulator? I've just been on Youtube on Crazybar777's channel. He had a video of that machine and the sounds are cooooooooool! I'd like to see that emulated if possible, that is if you have the roms working and everything boots up. Cheers, Tom. PS I still can't get over the amazing sounds of Wipeout! I have still got all 3 Simpsons machine sounds set as my sound scheme!

#62 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

Just a quick video suggestion and question for Killcrazy. Does Impulse's "Spin on it" run on the new emulator? I've just been on Youtube on Crazybar777's channel. He had a video of that machine and the sounds are cooooooooool! I'd like to see that emulated if possible, that is if you have the roms working and everything boots up. Cheers, Tom. PS I still can't get over the amazing sounds of Wipeout! I have still got all 3 Simpsons machine sounds set as my sound scheme!

Spin on it should run if funny money runs but because Spin on it has a disc reel it maybe a bit different.

Also i am looking forward to playing viper jive!!!!

Thanks for the great updates.

#63 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

i would love to see the maygays out at last (epoch)

connor55 ;)

#64 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

i think epoch (for me) is the biggest missing emulation at this time - for old machines.

#65 killcrazy

killcrazy

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Donator

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

I wonder what the chances of being able to make an iPad/ android tablet app with the future programme?? Have you had any experience with that killcrazy???

I've experimented with a few basic apps for android...  It may be possible on this platform as I think there's a 'native' development kit available which might just be fast enough to run the later techs.

Not too sure about Apple but I'm guessing you can't write a 'native' app (only java maybe?).  Unlikely to be fast enough (on current generations anyway).

To be honest I've never owned a smart phone and I haven't really got a lot of interest in them!! (which is surprising as I generally love gadgets!!).  I'd still be with my Nokia 3210 without all the hand-me-downs over the years!

So it's unlikely I'd ever develop an emulation app myself, but I'd be more then happy to help someone else port it over if there was interest.

It does but it's a little difficult to demo because the hi/lo reel doesn't have the numbers in order.  I'd have to work them all out first :)

Regarding the emulator I've decided to shelve the 3D concept for the time being and concentrate on developing tools similar to the existing emulators.  It'd certainly be a nice addition for the future and would give new layout possibilities to the back catalogue of machines that are currently emulated (provided other techs get added too)

#66 Mavroz

Mavroz

odd job man...

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

Nice going so far....

Thank you.

:cute:

Edited by fevernova, 10 May 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#67 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Thanks a lot Killcrazy. Just had some great news from the social bar. I went on Maygay's JITC, hit a load of random buttons as it was very loud in there and got £3 all the way without realizing I still had credits left. Another student helped me because I couldn't see and gave the money to me. I spent £1 on a packet of crisps, and I'm going to keep the rest as a memory of the old RNC Student bar. Won't be around tomorrow as I'm going to the Angel Chef to eat a nice Chinese, but I'll be checking back often mate. Cheers, Tom.

#68 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

https://drive.google...WUU&usp=sharing

Added a fair bit more here. Managed to get an old hard drive up and running that had loads of photos of my old machine on!

• ady likes this

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#69 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Also i am looking forward to playing viper jive!!!!

Really.. I gotta be honest, out of the many machines ive had in the past, this was the most... "Meh"... lol

#70 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Added a fair bit more here. Managed to get an old hard drive up and running that had loads of photos of my old machine on!

Oh my god, you have so many resources.. I need your hard drives lol.. :p

#71 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Excellent work, mate.  Grabbed the reels.  Should do nicely. :)

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#72 I have finished

I have finished

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hi all. I just thought that for your interest, I have been on an activity to a place near a river called Simmon's Yat. I hope I got the correct spelling! There was an amuzement arcade there crammed full of old and new fruities and some club machines. I told my guide who helped me round to tell me what each machine was because I have been posting in this forum. She was very interested, but she couldn't tell an epoch from a scorpion 4 to tell you the truth. Got £1 from duff beer guide but meltdown just wouldn't pay out. When other people use it, they either hit the jackpot or end up leaving with something. Am I doing something wrong? First I put a quid in, press start, ask my guide which ones to hold but no holds are coming up. Also, the machines don't accept 10 pence pieces. I recommend that there must be a problem with the ROMs. Please put me right.

#73 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9041 posts

Donator

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

Maybe its just an arcade that's not very well maintained as in the 10ps.
As for not holding etc it does take more than a pound sometimes before even a hold/nudges, it appears you're just playing them at the wrong times maybe you can't expect to hit the jackpot every quid good if we could loll.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#74 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

cant wait for the June update!

#75 barxfan

barxfan

• Regulars
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

Anything happening with this project?

#76 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

Ohh FFS I saw "epoch update" and got all excited.. Then saw it was Mays being bumped :(

#77 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Ohh FFS I saw "epoch update" and got all excited.. Then saw it was Mays being bumped :(

Snap.

BF.

#78 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

funny that, actually thought i'd fire up the emulator and play a few red gaming machines - then realised the tech isnt available yet... durrrrrrr

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users