#1 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9041 posts

Donator

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

That's the message from the man himself. It would be a shame to lose such a valuable site for fme, but I see his point no one has actually posted anything for days. I have posted some releases over there but no downloads just to see if it gets things going.
I remember going on there as it had different layouts resources and a different kind of topic base.
So Please,Please support the site make new topics get involved before its curtains down on a great long standing site.
The same applies to this site it needs a topic to get everyone involved.
Thankyou for reading

Edited by vectra666, 17 June 2013 - 11:29 AM.

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#2 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

I think you will find vectra that Andy (DAD) has already made his decision to close in August as stated in the Shoutbox and a couple of threads.

You cannot run and maintain a site with the expenses it incurs and only receive a handful of posts but members download completely taking him over his excess limit - he has been let down very badly by some FME members for that.

I'm afraid, as I'm sure DAD will confirm that it is much to late now to start an appeal to save the forum... it certainly should've been supported much more than it was.

The site was my refuge from all the bitterness of MFME not being released, and on many occasions we were branded being on 'the dark side' we original regular FME members were - but that is now the past.

Guitar's lack of updates on Amber, which helped DAD's keep a regular member base certainly hadn't helped I bet in Andy's decision to walk away - it certainly isn't helping FME with just intermittent updates. In fact it is confusing a lot of members who try to install t because of the few updates released and the lack of an installer with each one - the emulator has become very confusing, and I certainly don't use it now - it's become far too complicated.

So as Andy will probably confirm, your appeal is too little too late I'm afraid.
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#3 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9041 posts

Donator

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

That's fine Daryl I don't know all the facts just read the shoutbox on there, as you've said project amber was a lifeline but some people can't get it to work and gets complicated at times with few updates, although I've never had any problems with it FME is hanging by a thread Maybe if dadsfme does close DAD himself may focus more time on here or even share/ give the resources on there to here maybe.

#4 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Yes, as Daryl says the decision to close has already been made.  This isn't due to a lack of funds as I've had plenty of offers from long standing members to contribute to the site's running costs, its more to do with the state of FME as it is at the moment.

Long gone are the glory days of FME when you could guarantee a flood of releases each day,   hundreds of active members would contribute to the many release threads and it was a bright and vibrant community.  Even the wars between certain members were a joy to read lol.  Learning the tools of the trade and releasing layouts became a passion and drove me to try to improve my photoshop skills, and I’m still very proud to have done my bit for FME.

All good things come to an end though and my enthusiasm for FME has finally died.  I’ve not loaded up photoshop for months and even doing the graphics for the Reels of Fun sims holds no interest for me anymore.  DADsFME is as quiet as the grave so I see no point in carrying on.  I’m just going to let it run to the end of its current hosting plan which is mid August at which time I assume it’ll be pulled. 

So it’s not a case of rallying round to try and save the site, as already mentioned the decision has been made.

I’ll make a proper ‘closing’ thread nearer the time.

#5 policematrix

policematrix

• Regulars
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

so is there any reason people are not releasing new emulations at the same rate ? is it that what could have been emulated has been ? 

hand-drawn-animated-gifs-dain-fagerholm-

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9041 posts

Donator

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

so is there any reason people are not releasing new emulations at the same rate ? is it that what could have been emulated has been ?

that appears to be the case, just look at what's been released over the last say 6months 90% re-dx's although the new classic layouts are still being done and there's still loads of classics to dx. There isn't much if any resources out there as in flyers or images which could be used for dx's I thought as well as many others that project amber was gonna get layout creators buzzing and release stuff but since last april there's only been a dozen layouts
no offence to guitar as he's done a fantastic job so far! And all things take time to perfect.
Hopefully the up and coming epoch emu will bring a new lease of life.
What the scene needs is a new tech. Being able to run in any emulator fingers crossed hey

#7 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'm sorry to hear that DadsFme will be closing in the near future. I understand Dad's reason for doing so and I don't blame him at all. Unfortunately it's a sign of the way FME is going these days.

Many thanks DAD for a great site.

#8 ross

ross

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sorry to hear to about the closing of Dadsfme it really was a good site but i can understand the reasons behind it fme is not even a shadow of its former self

weve lost about 90% of the people that made this "scene" what it is well what it was and whats left is hard to stay involved in

all the best dad hopefully we will see more of you in the future

#9 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

we, that is the scene, needs a new tech to play with.  I guess that amber gave that glimmer of hope (and still can) but despite a fantastic under the hood machine, the options appear to be limited at this time.

I guess all eyes are on the first person to release epoch to the masses, even a newer mpu5/6 tech or scorpion tech; to keep it all alive.

#10 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Doe's anyone have a timeline of FME, I think I signed up after the scene had died.. my first visit was back in 2005 but more active in 2008 to 2009

DadsFME collapse and archive the site. Re-open in 5 years time

Edited by Brownbag, 17 June 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#11 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Doe's anyone have a timeline of FME, I think I signed up after the scene had died.. my first visit was back in 2005 but more active in 2008 to 2009

...and don't we know it with your aliases you've had ;)

• ady likes this
All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#12 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

I am also really sorry that this site is closing, but I really hope that Fruit-Emu and the MPU Mecka can still run. I don't know how long this site has been going, but I must have heard hundreds of threads, some up to at least a few pages long. I thought that FME in general has been better, but even Killcrazy's emulator has come to a standstill unless he's keeping it shush at the moment, I hope I haven't spoiled anything! It was that I just wanted to say that it would be silly closing the site when the Epoch emulator was due for release start/mid 2014. I was hoping to get myself a free late Christmas present! So please, if we can, use Fruit-Emu and keep it! I'll be sure to keep the number of threads rising I'm sure, now my mum says I can post when I'm at home as I'm sure I'll be seeing or should I say hearing a lot of fruit machines if we go away. I hope it's Weymouth, bring on the Epochs!

#13 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hey guys, I am so sorry if I offended you, especially Killcrazy. As stated before, I know that life can be hectic, that's what it's like in college when you first start here! However, these last couple of weeks are layed back, and we are finally doing a radio show! We are still not broadcasting to the www, but that is still to be revised. Well, looks like my poor mother and father may have to put up with Homer farting and burping afterall  once Epoch gets on the scene ... lol.

#14 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hey guys, I am so sorry if I offended you, especially Killcrazy. As stated before, I know that life can be hectic, that's what it's like in college when you first start here! However, these last couple of weeks are layed back, and we are finally doing a radio show! We are still not broadcasting to the www, but that is still to be revised. Well, looks like my poor mother and father may have to put up with Homer farting and burping afterall  once Epoch gets on the scene ... lol.

I don't know where you've offended anyone here... and if you have - well, welcome to the club lad!

Just as long as you're not abusive or offensive in extreme, your bound to get on someone's tits now and again...

...now, where's my S&M gear... :)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#15 Guest_Brownbag_*

Guest_Brownbag_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

Doe's anyone know if DX'Cellent is staying offline.. or will be coming back. Just curious as it's been offline for a few months now: Dx'cellent, Snapshots and DadsFME all gone.. I think Snapshots should be brought back, hosted on Fruit-emu and improved to embed download links

#16 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

I don't think Dave (Pook) has his heart, Like what has happened to DAD, in FME anymore brownbag... he told me this on Facebook.

I'm sure he'll correct me if I am wrong on this :)

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#17 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yes, as Daryl says the decision to close has already been made.  This isn't due to a lack of funds as I've had plenty of offers from long standing members to contribute to the site's running costs, its more to do with the state of FME as it is at the moment.

Long gone are the glory days of FME when you could guarantee a flood of releases each day,   hundreds of active members would contribute to the many release threads and it was a bright and vibrant community.  Even the wars between certain members were a joy to read lol.  Learning the tools of the trade and releasing layouts became a passion and drove me to try to improve my photoshop skills, and I’m still very proud to have done my bit for FME.

All good things come to an end though and my enthusiasm for FME has finally died.  I’ve not loaded up photoshop for months and even doing the graphics for the Reels of Fun sims holds no interest for me anymore.  DADsFME is as quiet as the grave so I see no point in carrying on.  I’m just going to let it run to the end of its current hosting plan which is mid August at which I assume it’ll be pulled. 

So it’s not a case of rallying round to try and save the site, as already mentioned the decision has been made.

I’ll make a proper ‘closing’ thread nearer the time.

GUTTED.

#18 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

Just a point- could it be a possibility that Fruit Emu and Dads merge together as a dual Fme site??

Just a wild shot in the dark :err:

I do see and understand why the site will fold,but that said it will be a great shame.

A huge thank you to Dad for all the time,effort and hard work that went into the site and the many wonderful emus Dad as personally created,that have given me years of pleasure and still do.

I real hope Dad that like other Fme members of the past,that you don't disappear from the scene as you would be sadly missed by all.

Jay 

#19 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9041 posts

Donator

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Just a point- could it be a possibility that Fruit Emu and Dads merge together as a dual Fme site??

Just a wild shot in the dark :err:

I do see and understand why the site will fold,but that said it will be a great shame.
A huge thank you to Dad for all the time,effort and hard work that went into the site and the many wonderful emus Dad as personally created,that have given me years of pleasure and still do.
I real hope Dad that like other Fme members of the past,that you don't disappear from the scene as you would be sadly missed by all.

Jay

Exactly what I was thinking maybe a merger or a sub section so that dads can live on. What's going to happen to the resources available on there and the layouts that are not available here if it closes indefinitely can/will Dad put such resources/layouts on here for future usage call the section Dadsfme bit n bobs!!! And what about the Brilliant dxcellent site if that's gone forever what about the layouts within there. Some of which again aren't available anywhere else, would it be possible to add those layouts to this site with pook's permission so at least the dx's and resources can be saved.
What do you think guys??

#20 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

I don't blame DAD one little bit....

Sorry to say this but FME isn't the friendly fun place it used to be....resources or not!

There are too many, well, basically arseholes on the scene now.....know something, it's those that ruined it,,and they have no idea they have........ 

I used to love working with Dave, between us we'd often see a machine and buy between us.......i'd pick-up and scan and then Dave would do the original work. There was nothing to stop me doing a DX at all, I have the ability..it was in my eyes just a good 'partnership'.........again something newer members forget.........its was never a 'ohh look at me scene' that it's unfortunatly become.

As of DADs, DAD has made some bloody good layouts...a fair few I still boot up now. I only hope that when DADs goes he still has the heart to do the odd one. The site is a place I really like (hence my sig), not been there much of late I admit..but it's my 2nd FME home.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users