Photo
- - - - -

iPhone Or Android?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: What smartphone do you prefer (17 member(s) have cast votes)

What smartphone do you prefer

1. Apple Iphone IOS (2 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

2. Voted Android (14 votes [82.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.35%

3. Windows mobile (1 votes [5.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Im a technophobe and dont have a smartphone as they may take over my brain (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

OFFICIAL THREAD KILLER!!!

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hey guys.. Quite simple really, Do you prefer Apple iPhone or Android, and why do you have your opinion.

I have been a loyal apple customer for the last 5 years.. with an iphone 3G, 3GS, 4, and 4S. 

I found the iPhone to be high quality apps, but restrictive on the kinds of apps availiable.. (looser rules now though), no emulators though :( like snes or n64. 

Totally unmodifiable, no change to actual Cases etc, no access to battery, stuck with same amount of space for pictures. 

However the camera and apps were high quality and things like no bloatware means a high quality experience.

However aside from all this, I have sold my iPhone4s and got myself a Samsung Galaxy S4. I love it.

Ok, so there arent exactly the same apps availiable.. (plenty of pachinko and pachislo machines on iphone, but none on android)

but there are loads of emulators, like snes and n64 which i really enjoy playing.

I also Love the Widgets and Live wallpapers.. as this was the main reason I changed, as i can customise my homescreen to look how i want. able to quickly add sound clips as notifications and ringtones.

Im Voting Android.. :

basically because, Less restrictions on apps (emulators), Customising homescreen, easy sound clipping for ringtones.. etc etc.

plus i still have my 3rd Gen iPad i won in Vegas so can still play my apple apps :)

#2 bullionbars2011

bullionbars2011

• Regulars
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

android all the way!!!

#3 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

Apples - they're very good for you... you know! ;)

iOS for me... I hate android with a passion!
All The Best

Daryl

My blogsite is here: click the icon --->   :computer:

My name is Daryl, I was born in 1965 and have been into FME since 2002!

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

...or at Facebook here: --> https://www.facebook.com/daryl.lees

=======================================================

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#4 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Android for me.

For the excellent reasons above, and 2 more.

Back button - I get wound up when using iDevices as if you click the wrong option there's no immediate, universal back command.

Setttings Button - Why mess about finding the settings option in the app when you can have a 1 button universal option to find them all?

iOS has also slipped a long way behind Android in terms of the look and feel, and is now largely on catchup. Even Which? now has the S4 as the "best phone it has ever tested". It'll be interesting to see what Apple do with their new iPhone to see if they can still compete...

#5 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

Apples - they're very good for you... you know! ;)

iOS for me... I hate android with a passion!

I used to dislike android.. No particular reason.. just because i was loyal to iphone. Is there a reason you hate android..

I also used to be like this with ps3 and xbox.. i was a loyal ps3 fan and hated xbox.. and fought for ps3 against xbox fans.. but then i bought an xbox and i love it more than my ps3.. so now im an xbox fan.. hahaha. Strange how it works out.

#6 NickYerPesos

NickYerPesos

• Regulars
  • 989 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

It'll be interesting to see what Apple do with their new iPhone to see if they can still compete...

Hahaha.. probably like their last updates.. stick an extra megapixel on the camera, slim it by a 1/100 and an extra compute cycle on the processor.. Then stick an extra £200 on the price. hehehe

Edited by NickYerPesos, 27 June 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#7 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

If it is, then they're on the road back to Apple circa 2001...

#8 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

C'mon Daryl, let's face it Apple has had it's day, so it's time for it to move over and make way for ANDROID.

You know it makes sense M8. :biglaugh:

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 27 June 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#9 IHartwell

IHartwell

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

Android for me, I am a bit of a google fan boi and hate the way apple work and do things

iPhone was great and polished up for simple users but very restrictive compared to android

Apple are starting to slip away from the phone market

Edit: just realised I posted this from my ipad lol. Would have preferred android tab but wanted 3G and none of the android tabs come with a contact

Edited by IHartwell, 27 June 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#10 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:34 PM

Android for me, I am a bit of a google fan boi and hate the way apple work and do things

iPhone was great and polished up for simple users but very restrictive compared to android

Apple are starting to slip away from the phone market

Edit: just realised I posted this from my ipad lol. Would have preferred android tab but wanted 3G and none of the android tabs come with a contact

Simple Users. You said it M8. :)

Edited by ricardo de ponsa, 27 June 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#11 I have finished

I have finished

I will never finish in FME here!

• Regulars
  • 837 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

Hi again Nick. I prefer the iPhone for 1 reason, and 1 reason only. It has Voice Over speech for the blind and visually impaired. Android may have this, but I've heard it and it's total crrap! Nothing is as detailed, and the voice is monotone! I love siri, it's easier for people like my good friend Daryl here, and it gets things done easily, plus with the iPhone 4S you also have Dictation. The android apps have to be downloaded, don't know how much they cost, and at least on the iPhone, Macintosh, iPod or shuffle, Voice Over comes as standard! Apple rules!

#12 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:39 PM

Simple Users. You said it M8. :)

How very dare you call me simple... ;)

Have you all seen what iOS 7 is going to be?

http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/ios7/

Massive upgrade - total change and moving much further on from the Steve Jobs stranglehold over it.

My iPhone 5 is like a knife through butter with its smoothness, as is my iPad 2... my iMac will be getting the new OS X Mavericks in the autumn too, and this is a game changer from the OS X predatory big cat names before it...

http://www.apple.com/uk/osx/preview/

I've heard say that Apple hold too much data on you - well I've heard much worse about Google!!

...Apples have never been more good for you ;)
All The Best

Daryl

On 23 June 2011, I was diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease  In November 2012, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and Parkinsonian Syndrome too.

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

Visit my website on the icon above for my WebBlog, or pop over and see me on the social media at  ---> Daryl on... Facebook.png

speed

#13 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

That iOS 7 looks like...

My old S3 :)...

#14 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Wow - just read that all your site passwords are now going to be stored online in the iCloud!?!

I'm no Apple expert, but that seems to imply that if your iCloud is compromised then all your other security access is as well??

#15 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

That iOS 7 looks like...

My old S3 :)...

Yes... but that's Android... uugghhh!!! :p

Wow - just read that all your site passwords are now going to be stored online in the iCloud!?!

I'm no Apple expert, but that seems to imply that if your iCloud is compromised then all your other security access is as well??

...and you're telling me that Google knows most about you online - and look how they compromise ;)
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#16 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

You miss my point - if a 3rd party gets access to your iCloud account they can then access all your security for all your sites and also your credit card details. Excellent for them, not too hot for you though :)

#17 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

I see where you're coming from... but it is the same with Microsoft for Windows 8 now too.

I mean in all honesty, what place online is actually 100% safe and secure and can be guaranteed from compromise?

We all have to use online now, and even the banks have proven vulnerable... there isn't a choice really anymore, and besides;

...they wouldn't get much from me, financially or private - at least someone would know where I lived when I get lost in time to come... ;) lol
All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

#18 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Lol Daryl .....Sooo easy to wind up an Apple user. Iv'e worked on all versions of Apple computers setting up 'Airport' etc. Fine very nice graphics and everything. I like to have just a little bit more control over what i want to do and not what the creator (Mr Jobs R.I.P.) wants me to do.

Microshaft is far from perfect, Linux, er well.. it's Linux. mainly used by ex Amiga Dos freaks who don't like M.S.

So that leaves Android!! I feel flattered that you hate it so much. You are missing out on an O/S with much more potential than ios. It is not as narrow minded and openly supports open source development. That is a good thing. Homebrew programes and development is what it is all about. Funny that, quite a bit like FME!!!!

#19 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

FME on Android would be pretty cool!

#20 Daryl

Daryl

Forget it... I do!

• Inactive Users
  • 2671 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Lol Daryl .....

It is not as narrow minded and openly supports open source development. That is a good thing.  Funny that, quite a bit like FME!!!!

...understatement of the decade mate - MFME (the original 'Daddy' and the only reason we are all here after all) - well, it's only just become open source because MAME has found out the at the creator of it used open source software to make it (for sale at the beginning) and encrypted it. :bigeyes19:

All The Best

Daryl

I can be found at:

My new blog-site...

speed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users