• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#121 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:50 PM

Well, it's good manners not to incessantly name-call someone mercilessly for years and years, whilst cheerfully using the product of their labours for a decade and a half, or whatever? Again, without one whit of irony, you're lecturing me about 'good manners', as against a backdrop of the stuff that's been written about one coder or another on your forum for how long...? Seriously, it's just stunning!

Last word from me though as I really can't be bothered with this crap again; clearly there's nothing I could ever say to change yours and a few others' minds one iota, which is basically the problem of course, and absolutely no good can ever come from such an intervention, as has been so ably demonstrated over the years.

You just can't see it can you?  Not that I really wanted to rake up the past but any name calling that has been done on my Forum as you put it harks back to what I was saying about good manners in my last post.  If the coder in question - (yes just the one coder, as we never had a problem with Guitar, Re-Animator or Dialtone) was more amicable and forthcoming then everyone would have been happy.  Instead we had constant crap culminating in the infamous 'look what you could have had post'.  That post killed the scene for a good many people and if he wanted to fix that right now, he could but STILL chooses not to.

#122 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

Well, it's good manners not to incessantly name-call someone mercilessly for years and years, whilst cheerfully using the product of their labours for a decade and a half, or whatever? Again, without one whit of irony, you're lecturing me about 'good manners', as against a backdrop of the stuff that's been written about one coder or another on your forum for how long...? Seriously, it's just stunning!

Last word from me though as I really can't be bothered with this crap again; clearly there's nothing I could ever say to change yours and a few others' minds one iota, which is basically the problem of course, and absolutely no good can ever come from such an intervention, as has been so ably demonstrated over the years.

Mercilessly? Really? Have you stood back and looked at what he has done to 1000s of people's hobbies? Did we force him to steal code and try to make money from it? Did we force him to carrot dangle 'here is what you could have had, spat my dummy out' videos? Did we force him to break other coders T&Cs? Erm no... he did that all by himself for his own personal gain. The bloke is a nob fairly and squarely and you are right you will never get me to change my opinion on that, pity I can get you to get your head out his arse and or the sand.

#123 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

I'm sorry DAD, but we both know plenty has been said about DT also over the years; even Guitar got a pretty rough ride from some quarters in the early days. The term "coder's disease" has even been coined I believe?

Head. Brick wall.

For some of us (and yes, it was my thread if you remember), Wizard's video was actually really exciting and heartening, as hard as you doubtless find that to believe. Me? I loved seeing all those Castles, the likes of Sidewinder and other rarities running seamlessly and without issues on a PC. I'm not so stupid and naive to believe that now, I will ever play them (at least not on any version of MFME, though hopefully Guitar will do us all proud in due course, however long it takes), but it was good to see nonetheless. Apart from anything else, it proved that such things are possible, resources are available, and if Wizard can do it, so can others in theory.

#124 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

I'm sorry DAD, but we both know plenty has been said about DT also over the years; even Guitar got a pretty rough ride from some quarters in the early days. The term "coder's disease" has even been coined I believe?

Head. Brick wall.

For some of us (and yes, it was my thread if you remember), Wizard's video was actually really exciting and heartening, as hard as you doubtless find that to believe. Me? I loved seeing all those Castles, the likes of Sidewinder and other rarities running seamlessly and without issues on a PC. I'm not so stupid and naive to believe that now, I will ever play them (at least not on any version of MFME, though hopefully Guitar will do us all proud in due course, however long it takes), but it was good to see nonetheless. Apart from anything else, it proved that such things are possible, resources are available, and if Wizard can do it, so can others in theory.

Thought you weren't posting about this anymore?

#125 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

Thought you were banned?

#126 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

Thought you were banned?

Altharic is not banned.

(Well, he wasn't at the time anyway!)

Edited by aaamusements, 30 April 2015 - 01:15 PM.
Update/clarification

#127 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Thought you were banned?

I thought they'd weeded out all the duplicate and sleeper accounts.

#128 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

So your response, Altharic, is to troll and bait as per - not that I've ever had duplicate or sleeper accounts here or anywhere else, since I've never needed to, wouldn't be so sad as to do so, and have never been banned or even warned anywhere, including here. (Unlike, for instance, you with your "Last House" account or whatever it was that I believe you were boasting about the other month, including, apparently, "lending it out" to others on occasion?)

I'm not interested in anything you've got to say - about anything. So please don't take too much offence if I don't respond to any further breathtaking insights from you. Thanks.

Edited by letemspin, 26 April 2015 - 04:49 PM.

#129 altharic

altharic

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 448 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

So your response, Altharic, is to troll and bait as per - not that I've ever had duplicate or sleeper accounts here or anywhere else, since I've never needed to, wouldn't be so sad as to do so, and have never been banned or even warned anywhere, including here. (Unlike, for instance, you with your "Last House" account or whatever it was that I believe you were boasting about the other month, including, apparently, "lending it out" to others on occasion?)

I'm not interested in anything you've got to say - about anything. So please don't take too much offence if I don't respond to any further breathtaking insights from you. Thanks.

You are 'cavey' on the other forums are you not, therefore you are posting about someone using a duplicate account from a duplicate account, hypocrite.

#130 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

I signed up to this forum in 2003 as letemspin, have never had any other account here, and have openly signed posts as 'Cavey' so people know I am Cavey from the Mecca. In order to have a duplicate account on a forum you need to hold more than one (ever, in well over 10 years). You utter cretin.

#131 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

Yeah that would have been fair enough, just like we asked to see if KC has any videos or even pictures etc. The HUGE difference is that Wizard posted stuff to rub it in our faces with NO intention of releasing anything. You know the 'this is what you could have won' routine he was so good at.

#132 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

Geddy, that honestly wasn't at all how I read it at the time, though I accept this is open to interpretation of course. Irrespective, though, my point is that I was heartened by it for the reasons I've said.

Look, I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have some kind of update, see some progress or whatever, of course it would - we are all enthusiasts of these old machines, why wouldn't we all of us, to a man, want to see this? However, we are not 'owed' anything, so if it doesn't happen, I'm as sad as anyone else, but we just need to try to be positive and hope that Guitar or whomever does manage to crack it and release. Seriously, I just don't think allowing understandable frustration and disappointment to turn into unpleasantness does anyone any good - it makes future emu releases much less likely, it pisses everyone off (including you), and detracts from what is, at the end of the day, a HOBBY.

#133 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

Seriously, I just don't think allowing understandable frustration and disappointment to turn into unpleasantness does anyone any good - it makes future emu releases much less likely, it pisses everyone off (including you), and detracts from what is, at the end of the day, a HOBBY.

I couldn't agree more but after repeated disappointments its really hard not to take out your frustrations on the Forums.  Yes occasionally its gone well overboard but if you check back its nearly always stemmed from a politely worded question or request which has then gone unanswered.  Its a snowball effect if you like.  This latest episode regarding KC is a perfect example of how things can easily get out of hand.

#134 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

That's as close to a consensus as we're going to get. :)

Seriously, DAD, I do hope you continue to enjoy your hobby, make fab layouts, and get to enjoy new techs, emulators, design tools and all the rest, that you'd doubtless put to very good use. Apart from anything else, I'd really quite fancy a dabble on a 3D Castle or MMM DX made by your very goodself, entirely unselfishly on my part of course!

Peace. :)

#135 DAD

DAD

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 542 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

That's as close to a consensus as we're going to get. :)

Seriously, DAD, I do hope you continue to enjoy your hobby, make fab layouts, and get to enjoy new techs, emulators, design tools and all the rest, that you'd doubtless put to very good use. Apart from anything else, I'd really quite fancy a dabble on a 3D Castle or MMM DX made by your very goodself, entirely unselfishly on my part of course!

Peace. :)

Thank you and I'll just finish by saying that we'd all be enjoying such layouts right now if wizard would only bite the bullet and release his updated MFME as shown in 'the video'.  This is what Geddy and I have been trying to say to you for years that the only person stopping this from happening is him, surely after all this time you can see that. 

So anyway, we now know there a technical hitch with KC's Epoch emulator which is unfortunate but that's OK, these things happen.  Hopefully in due course a fix can be found and he can release it when its 100% working.  At least all the speculation about why we've not heard from him can be brought to an end.  It would have been nice to hear from KC himself but maybe he was completely unaware of the situation and why things had become slightly heated, maybe he felt awkward about posting being so close to the end then hitting a stumbling block, who knows?

Anyway I wish him all the best but for now lets turn our attention back to helping Guitar with Amber 2.  Anyone good with 3D?  

#136 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

I signed up to this forum in 2003 as letemspin, have never had any other account here, and have openly signed posts as 'Cavey' so people know I am Cavey from the Mecca. In order to have a duplicate account on a forum you need to hold more than one (ever, in well over 10 years). You utter cretin.

You're Cavey? Fancy a walk?

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#137 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:39 PM

Anyway I wish him all the best but for now lets turn our attention back to helping Guitar with Amber 2.  Anyone good with 3D?  

I'm sure you could be good with 3D ;) its really easy.

If anyone here knows about how to set up a depth cube map array for DX11, please make yourself known.

#138 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

i have to say, the last say 10-15 posts have really made me laugh out loud, no sarcasm intended, just funny and i actually thank letemspin, althric and the others.

think we have all said our bit now and well all know who feels what. hopefully we can put this to rest and either wait for KC to reappear, or Guitar is able to make a future comment on Epoch.

*on a side note, did wizard say once that he was happy to give amber a chance before he release something else - or did a dream that bit ?

#139 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

Correct. But then that MAME thing happened shortly after.

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#140 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

or Guitar is able to make a future comment on Epoch.

Posted @ Dadsfme by me a few days ago...

"I already said that July 1st is the cut off and after that Epoch is a definite, if KC reappears before then and is unhappy with Epoch being in Amber then it wont be there. But his is a 2D emulator, which will run on DirectX9, and has a dynamic recompiler so is suited for slower PC's, and fruit machines with no artwork (classic layouts). They really are 2 different ethos's to the emulation 'problem', they are both as valid as each other and there is room for 2 (or more) in the scene.
I have no problem with a 'competing' emulator, and I don't see why he would either.

But Amber is unlikely to be ready by then anyway, though it should be quite far advanced."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users